Gun Crimes and Weapons Offenses in Florida: What you should know…
If you have been charged with a gun crime or weapons offense, then you may be facing extremely serious charges which can result in harsh consequences. Did you know that some weapon offenses carry mandatory prison sentences? In fact, prosecutors can use weapons charges to enhance the severity of other charges.
For example, if you’ve been charged with using a firearm during the commission of a crime, the prosecutor can seek harsher charges and stricter punishments than the actual crime would otherwise call for.
Even a simple misdemeanor weapons offense like carrying a concealed pistol without a permit can land you in jail and leave you with a life-long Criminal record.
The definition of “Weapon” in Florida
The definition of a “weapon” in Florida is very broad. A “weapon” can include any of the following:
- Knives (does not include plastic knives or common pocketknife),
- brass knuckles,
- BB guns,
- starter guns
- tear-gas canisters
- machetes and swords,
- nun chucks,
- martial arts throwing stars,
At the Florida Criminal Defense Law Offices of Richard G. Salzman, P.A., we vigorously defend gun crimes and weapons charges such as:
- Carrying a concealed firearm- while it is your constitutional right to possess and carry firearms, your 2nd Amendment rightsare strictly regulated by both the Federal government and the State of Florida. In Florida, before you are issued a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm you must first pass a background check and complete the required training.
- Possession of a firearm by convicted felon–if you are a convicted felon and a weapon or ammunition is found in your possession, you could be facing one of the most serious firearm charges under Florida law. This offense is punishable as a 2nd degree felony, punishable by up to 15 years in Florida State Prison. If you are facing these charges, it’s crucial to contact a dedicated Criminaldefense attorney as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more time the prosecutor has to build a case against you.
- Carrying a concealed weapon–even if you have a CCW (Carrying a Concealed Weapon) permit, if you decide to carry a concealed gun or weapon you should be very cautious. Violating the terms of the CCW permit can result in serious consequences. If you are arrested and charged with violating the terms of your CCW permit Richard G. Salzman can help you fight these charges and preserve your permit to carry a weapon or firearm concealed.
- Possession of a weapon on school grounds or in an airport
- Improper exhibition of a weapon/firearm – while the 2nd Amendment allows you to own a weapon, there are many federal and state restrictions which limit gun ownership. For example, you may not improperly exhibit your weapon (showing a weapon in a rude, careless, angry or threatening manner). If you are found in violation of these restrictions you could potentially face a misdemeanor conviction.
- Unlawful discharge of a firearm – in Florida, if you are charged and convicted of the unlawful discharge of a firearm you will face a minimum mandatory prison sentence of 20 years.
IS YOUR RECENT WEAPONS ARREST ABOUT TO RUIN YOUR LIFE?? ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT GOING TO JAIL?
Richard G. Salzman will help you understand your rights and fiercely defend them.
The Florida Criminal Defense Law Offices of Richard G. Salzman, P.A.handles all gun and weapons related offenses. If you have been charged with a gun or weapons crime in South Florida and need personalized representation, The Florida Criminal Defense Law Offices of Richard G. Salzman, P.A. can offer the gun or weapons defense you deserve. Our firm offers years of experience in successfully defending Criminal cases throughout South Florida.
The Florida Criminal Defense Law Offices of Richard G. Salzman, P.A. is a well-respected, full service, highly qualified and professional Florida Criminal Defense Law firm located in Oaks Office Center on Sheridan Street in Hollywood, Florida with a Regional office in Naples, Florida. Richard G. Salzman is dedicated to the aggressive representation and defense of those accused of firearm and weapons offenses. The Florida Criminal Defense Law Offices of Richard G. Salzman, P.A. is committed to providing you with the vigorous weapons defense you need. We will aggressively analyze, review and address all of the legal, factual, and scientific issues and defenses that may arise in your case.
When you retain The Florida Criminal Defense Law Firm of Richard G. Salzman, P.A., you can rest assured knowing that The Florida Criminal Defense Law Firm of Richard G. Salzman, P.A. will not only defend your rights, but will help to guide you through the confusing waters of the Florida Criminal process. If you were cited for any weapons offense, contact The Florida Criminal Defense Law Firm of Richard G. Salzman, P.A. today to discuss your case.
Right Now, Can There Be Anything More Important Than Your Freedom?
Contact Richard G. Salzman to set up a meeting to discuss your charges and evaluate your case. Mr. Salzman’s first priority is helping you avoid a weapons or firearms conviction that can ruin your life!
For your FREE initial case evaluation by phone, Call 855-DUI-GONE (855-384-4663), home of South Florida’s Premier DUI and Criminal Defense Law Firm. Learn how Mr. Salzman can help save your freedom.
Richard G. Salzman, Esq.
Law Offices of Richard G. Salzman, P.A.
4340 Sheridan Street, Suite102
Hollywood, FL 33021
5621 Strand Blvd., Suite 101
Naples, FL 34110