RETAIL THEFT IN SOUTH FLORIDA
I borrowed a shopping cart, is that considered “Retail Theft ?”
Strictly speaking, retail theft is a specific charge where you are accused of theft or attempted theft of merchandise or shopping carts from a store.
What must the prosecutor prove in order to convict me of retail theft?
In order to be convicted of retail theft, the State must prove that:
(1) you knowingly:
- took possession of or carried away merchandise, or
- altered or removed a label or price tag from merchandise, or
- transferred merchandise from one container to another, or
- removed a shopping cart from a merchant’s premises. And…
(2) By engaging in any of the acts described in a-d (above), you intended to deprive a retail merchant of
- or full retail value of the merchandise or shopping cart.
How is Retail Theft Proven in Florida?
To prove their case against you, the prosecutor will rely on
- statements of astore’s loss prevention officer,
- store video surveillance (video tape of you attempting to take or conceal merchandise),
- any written statements you may have given to the store’s employees or police,
- any admissions of guilt you may have made,
- statements of other customers who witnessed the incident,
- store receipts,
- statements of your co-defendants, and
- producing the items taken or photographs of the items taken.
How to Help Yourself Stay Out of Jail…
If you’re charged with Retail Theft in Florida, yourFlorida criminal defense lawyer can fight those charges by raisingdefenses on your behalf, such as:
- mistaken identity (they confused you with someone else),
- mistaken accusations (they accused the wrong person),
- the video is unclear or shows someone else stealing the items,
- aggressive and hostile loss prevention officers made false accusations against you,
- you mistakenly left the store with unpaid items,
- you forgot about items temporarily placed in yourhandbag or your baby’s stroller,
- you were set up by a co-defendant,
- items were not found in your possession,
- you left the store for a legitimate reason other than stealing (to put money in the meter, to let your friend know which store you are in)
- a previous costumer altered or removed the price tags
IS YOUR RECENT RETAIL THEFT ARREST ABOUT TO RUIN YOUR LIFE?? ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT GOING TO JAIL?
Richard G. Salzman will help you understand your rights and fiercely defend them.
The Florida Criminal Defense Law Offices of Richard G. Salzman, P.A. handlesmisdemeanor shoplifting, felony shoplifting and retail theft. If you have been charged with retail theft in South Florida and need personalized representation, The Florida Criminal Defense Law Offices of Richard G. Salzman, P.A. can offer the retail theft defense you deserve. Our firm offers years of experience in successfully defending criminal cases throughout South Florida.
The Florida Criminal Defense Law Offices of Richard G. Salzman, P.A. is a well-respected, full service, highly qualified and professional Florida Criminal Defense Law firm located in Oaks Office Center on Sheridan Street in Hollywood, Florida with a Regional office in Naples, Florida. Richard G. Salzman is dedicated to the aggressive representation and defense of those accused of retail theft.The Florida Criminal Defense Law Offices of Richard G. Salzman, P.A. is committed to providing you with the vigorous retail theft defense you need. We will aggressively analyze, review and address all of the legal and factual issues and defenses that may arise in your case.
When you retain The Florida Criminal Defense Law Firm of Richard G. Salzman, P.A., you can rest assured knowing that The Florida Criminal Defense Law Firm of Richard G. Salzman, P.A. will not only defend your rights, but will help to guide you through the confusing waters of the Florida criminal process. If you were charged with retail theft, contact The Florida Criminal Defense Law Firm of Richard G. Salzman, P.A. today to discuss your case.
Right Now, Can There Be Anything More Important Than Your Freedom ?
Contact Richard G. Salzman to set up a meeting to discuss your charges and evaluate your case. Mr. Salzman’s first priority is helping you avoid a retail theft conviction that can ruin your life!
For your FREE initial case evaluation by phone, Call 855-DUI-GONE(855-384-4663), home of South Florida’s Premier Criminal Defense and DUI Defense Law Firm. Learn how Mr. Salzman can help save your freedom.
Richard G. Salzman, Esq.
Law Offices of Richard G. Salzman, P.A.
4340 Sheridan Street, Suite102
Hollywood, FL 33021
5621 Strand Blvd., Suite 101
Naples, FL 34110